Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tequila Again




I bought this tequila Duty free on my way back from Mexico. It was the most expensive tequila I have ever purchased at $87.50 but it came highly recommended by the sommelier at the resort we stayed at. Frankly I was sceptical of buying a Jose Cuervo product as my experience had been limited to their blended products and my Teenage memories. "Boy was I wrong" I am seriously thinking of pouring this at a whisky tasting as I think it will fool at least half the group. It has all the characteristics of the best barrel aged spirits with great complexity on the nose and palate with a smack of Agave. It is a blend of mostly 3 year aged product with some additions of older vintages up to 30 years, not many tequilas are as old as this and it sure comes through. This may become my new only on special occasion beverage. In BC this Tequila sells for $184.00 so look for it when you travel it is great value.   

First Family of Tequila Celebrates Mexican Culture by Commissioning Local Artist to Design Box

This year the limited-edition handcrafted wooden box for the 15th installment to this collection is adorned with the artistic styling of Pablo Vargas Lugo.
Reserva de la Familia is an award-winning Extra Anejo (aged) Tequila made from hand-selected, 100% pure blue agave grown in the Cuervo estate’s richest volcanic soils. Reserva de la Familia, a crown jewel of the Jose Cuervo portfolio, is considered to be a collectable masterpiece by spirit connoisseurs around the world for both its superior taste and uniquely designed packaging.  Each year since 1995, the Cuervo family has selected a renowned Mexican artist to paint the new handcrafted wooden box for its ultra-premium vintage Tequila – part of its continuing support for promising Mexican artists and local culture

No comments:

Post a Comment