Total Pageviews

Friday, November 2, 2012

PUMPKIN???


I used to think that Pumpkin was just an excuse to throw a whack of spices at some marginal ale and sell it around Halloween. Well my opinion is starting to change, this is fast becoming a legitimate style of ale that delivers a range of unique taste experiences. I think the thing that hits me most is when the beer delivers a silky mouth-feel at the back of the pallet and a subtle hint of spice that is neither cloying or acrid. There are still some underwhelming Pumpkin brews out there but this year there are many more good ones than bad ones. I actually got to help with the pumpkin portion for Cannery Brewing's Knucklehead Pumpkin ale which ended up with 250lbs of Pumpkin in a 20hl batch of brew( that is a lot by the way). I still have this beer on tap at the pub and it is great. Also Check out Tree's , Howe Sound and Fernie's Pumpkins as well, all are good.

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment